- Canoe ride through papyrus swamp
- Opportunity to watch variety of Bird Species such as Swamp Flycatchers, African Purple Swamphen, African Water Rail among others
- Experience an educational and awe-inspiring safari experience.
Our safari packages are a testament to the unparalleled wonders of the African wilderness, each meticulously designed to offer an unforgettable and unique adventure for our clients. What sets our deals apart is the blend of expertise, passion, and dedication we pour into crafting each itinerary. We go beyond the ordinary, taking travelers on an extraordinary journey that immerses them in the heart of Uganda & East Africa's most captivating landscapes and wildlife.
Our experienced guides are not just experts in their field but also passionate storytellers, ensuring that every moment of the safari is an educational and awe-inspiring experience. Furthermore, our commitment to sustainable and responsible tourism means that our clients can revel in the natural beauty of Uganda and East Africa while knowing they are contributing to its conservation. Our packages offer a genuine connection to the wild, making them truly amazing and unique in every way.
Mabamba Bay is a wetland on the edge of Lake Victoria, northwest of the Entebbe peninsula. It’s one of Uganda’s 33 Important Bird Areas and since 2006 a Ramsar-listed wetland of international importance. Key protected bird species in Mabamba are the shoebill, the blue swallow and the papyrus gonolek. Mabamba Bay is a unique extensive marsh stretching along a narrow bay, fringed with papyrus towards the main body of Lake Victoria.
- Day 1 - Mabamba Swamp Bird Watching Trip
For Mabamba Birding, we shall set off after an early breakfast with a packed lunch and travel to Mabamba Swamp to spot the rare shoebill. The journey takes about an hour by road via Nakawuka-Kasanje. The wetland is home to a variety of bird species and birding will take us a whole day.
A canoe ride through papyrus swamp will take you at the best spot of spotting the Shoebill bird among other rare Africa birds like the Malachite Kingfisher, Swamp Flycatchers, African Purple Swamphen, African Water Rail, Common Moorhen, Lesse Jacana, African Jacana, African Pygime Goose, White faced whistling duck, Squacco heron, Blue reasted Bee eater, African Jacana and Saddle billed Stork among others. We shall return to your Hotel in the late afternoon.
Main Destination: Mabamba Swamp (Area)
Accommodation: No accommodation (End of tour)
Meals & Drinks: Lunch (Breakfast & dinner not included) - Non-alcoholic drinks
End of tour (See Getting There for more details)
A transfer back to the airport can be arranged for an extra cost.
- All entrance and activities mentioned, Transportation, Lunch & bottled drinking water, Full time Guide / driver.
- International flights(Can be arranged if requested), Personal expenses i.e. tips, drinks/beverages, and laundry services, Extra accommodation other than that mentioned in the itinerary, Other items for personal use, Extra activities not mentioned in the itinerary.
Note; The departure dates provided in the details above are only tentative. This same trip is still available on any other dates as long as the booking has been confirmed.