- Gorilla trekking
- Canoe rides and walks
Our 4 day tour takes you to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park a home to half of the endangered mountain gorillas (approximately 400 individuals). Depending on availability of gorilla permits at the time of confirmation, you may trek gorillas in Buhoma, Ruhija, Rushaga or Nkuringo and then you will drive to Lake Bunyonyi after the trip to relax and take in the whole experience of Gorilla tracking and you have time for recreational activities around the lake Lodge.
Day 1: To Bwindi NP for your gorilla trekking tour
Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi National Park
Day 3: Drive to Lake Bunyonyi for relaxing and recreational activities
Day 4: Drive to Entebbe/Kampala
- Day 1 - To Bwindi NP for your gorilla trekking tour
Depart Entebbe/Kampala for your 8-9 road transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park located in south western Uganda. You will have an en route stopover at the Equator crossing for photographic and simple experiment before continuing to Mbarara town for Lunch. After lunch, you will embark on your scenic drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park.
Meal plan: Lunch & Dinner
Accommodation: gorilla mist camp
- Day 2 - Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi National Park
After an early morning breakfast, you will drive to the Park headquarters for registration and joining others for a gorilla trekking briefing about the dos and the don’ts during your Gorilla Trek. On your trek, you are likely to spot other primates, birds and rare tree species. After finding the gorillas, you will be allowed to spend one hour with them before trekking back to the Park headquarter. This is indeed an extraordinary feeling being with these beautiful yet endangered Creatures. You will be awarded a certificate for participating in gorilla trekking and thus contributing to the conservation of mountain gorillas.
Meal Plan: All meals
Accommodation: Gorilla mist camp
- Day 3 - Drive to Lake Bunyonyi for relaxing and recreational activities
Drive from Bwindi Impenetrable National Park to Lake Bunyonyi in Kabale District. Lake Bunyonyi is said to be the deepest lake in Uganda and second deepest in East Africa. A person visit Lake Bunyonyi for its beauty and is one of the best place to relax after your gorilla trek. There are many activities around the lake that you can do including canoe rides and walks.
Meal Plan: All Meals
Accommodation: Itambira Island
- Day 4 - Day 4: Drive to Entebbe/Kampala
After your breakfast, you will be driven to Kampala or Entebbe for your post tour accommodation or you may choose to fly out of Uganda today with an en route lunch.
Meal Plan: Breakfast & Lunch
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- Gorilla permit $ 700 per person
- A professional English speaking driver/guide
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- All transportation by 4x4 Tourist Vehicle
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section
- 3 nights accommodation
- Drinking water (on all days)
- International flights (from/to home)
- Additional accommodation before and at end of the tour, if needed
- Laundry services but can be done at hotel for extra costs
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)
- Covid-19 PCR tests
1- we highly recommend travel insurance
2- The price of this tour is based on a single traveler but can be reduced if there is more than one traveler
3. This is a budget accommodation tour but can be upgraded for extra costs