Great apes of Rwanda and Uganda trek safari
- Gorilla tracking and golden monkey trekking.
- Explore Rwanda and Uganda to the fullest
- Spend time with the natives and learn about their culture, religion & social life
Get a chance to explore Rwanda and Uganda to the fullest in only six days while on this combined trip. From gorillas to the beautiful scenery, the wildlife and nature, to spending some time with the natives and learning more about their culture, religion & social life
Get a chance to explore Rwanda and Uganda to the fullest in only six days while on this combined trip. From gorillas to the beautiful scenery, the wildlife and nature, to spending some time with the natives and learning more about their culture, religion & social life.
- Day 1 - Day 01: welcome to Rwanda through Kigali international airport.
Your guide will be in the airport waiting for you to pick you and transfer at your lodge in Kigali city for relaxation and overnight.
- Day 2 - Transfer to Volcanoes national park.
Today your hearty breakfast, you start with Kigali city while exploring local markets and visiting Kigali genocide memorial centre. Later proceed to Volcanoes National Park famous for Gorilla tracking. This park lies in North western Rwanda bordering Virunga National Park of Congo and Maghinga gorilla national park of Uganda and is a home to the rare mountain Gorillas. You will reach in the late afternoon for relaxation, you may choose to visit Ibyiwacu cultural centre or stay at your lodge.
- Day 4 - Golden monkey tracking and transfer to Bwindi impenetrable national park
Today morning, you will assemble at park offices for briefing registration for this particular activity. Monkeys are more associated with bamboo thickets where they feed from mostly and trekking in the volcanoes takes few hours from 2-6hours, once you have spotted them, you spend 1hours with them while they forage and play. Later after your trek, Kick start your journey to Uganda through Chanika boarder reaching in the evening for relaxation.
- Day 5 - Gorilla tracking
After an early breakfast, you will take a packed lunch, have a briefing by the game guides at the park headquarters and start your gorilla trail. Hiking through the thick, verdant, rainforest to eventually come across the gorillas in their natural habitat, is an amazing and unforgettable experience. This encounter takes between 2 to 9 hours and is the highlight of an Africa exploration safari. You will only have 1 hour of close contact with these calm gentle apes, take pictures and get acquainted to them.
You are free to shoot as many photos as you desire before you retreat from the activity to return to the starting point. After this encounter, descend to your lodge for relaxation
- Day 6 - Batwa Experience and Transfer to Bunyonyi.
Today morning, you drive to lake bunyonyi for relaxation and excursion around the lake. Bunyonyi. On the way, You may choose to visit batwa (pygmies) community to learn more about daily life style of these first people in the forest, continue to bunyonyi for relaxation
- • Gorilla tracking permits • Golden trekking permits • Transportation, Fuel and all ground transfers • Accommodation and meals on full board • Nature walks • Drivers allowances • Bottled water • Government taxes
- • Airfares • Visa • Covid test In case • Laundry services • Tips for local guides • Telephone bills • Personal insurances • Personal shopping bills, ciggs and anything of person al nature
This tour starts and ends in kigali-Rwanda can be booked by any size of traveler however the indicated quote is only for 2pax travelling. The high the number of traveler the lower the the quote.
Dates & Availability
Please select a departure month
Please select no. of travellers
TuesdayAugust 8 2023SundayAugust 13 2023Total