- Admire the scent of pine trees and flowering herbs
- Spend a night at the Chatkal Biosphere Reserve which is situated at an elevation of about 1,500m
- Explore the amazing Pigeon Gorge waterfall
With their clean air, bright blue skies, beautiful waterfalls, and scent of pine trees and flowering herbs, the Yangiabad Mountains are a real treasure for hikers.The Yangiabad Tourist Lodge is located in the Chatkal Biosphere Reserve, about 120km (75 miles) from Tashkent, at an elevation of about 1,500m (5,000 feet). The lodge has guest rooms, a bar, a restaurant, and even a disco and an entertainment program. Its location among the pine trees, surrounded by the Yangiabad Mountains, makes it an ideal escape from the city – a place to enjoy nature without sacrificing any of the comforts of civilization.
- Day 1 - Tashkent – Yangiabad tourist lodge (120 km)
At 10:00 transfer to the Yangiabad Tourist Lodge and take a short break before lunch. After lunch, take a walking tour to Pigeon Gorge waterfall, which takes 2-2.5 hours (including 1,500m of steep ascent). Return to the lodge and enjoy free time before dinner. Overnight at the tourist lodge in comfortable double rooms.
- Day 2 - Yangiabad tourist lodge – Chilten River – Chilten waterfalls – Tashkent
Breakfast. At 10:00 drive to a nearby gorge, where the Alatanga and Chilten Rivers meet. The road passes through the town of Yangiabad. Although the distance is only 8km, the journey takes about 45 minutes because the road is in poor condition. Walk to the Chilten waterfalls (2-2.5 hours). On the way there are two crossings over the Chilten River. In May, June, and the first half of July the water is quite deep, and you’ll have to get your feet wet. Stop for a picnic lunch during the walk. Then return to the car and leave for Tashkent at 14:00, reaching the city by 16:30. End of the tour.
- Transportation to/from Yangiabad Tourist Lodge;
- Experienced local, English-speaking guide for the hike;
- Packed lunch on Day 2;
- 1 night’s accommodation at the tourist lodge, with full board.
- Travel insurance.
This tour does not require any special equipment. However, please be aware that it involves several steep ascents and descents. If you have had any operations in the past, or have any medical conditions (like asthma or high blood pressure) or medical devices/implants, please let us know. With advance notice, we can also cater for special dietary requirements (such as vegetarian or vegan diets).