- Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice.
- Ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available.
- Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen.
- Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.
Are you a budding photojournalist looking to hone your skills and learn the tools of a trade from an experienced professional? Do you want to go on an exciting new adventure in an exotic land?
RCDP’s innovative and exiting Photo Journalism Nepal Volunteer has two main aims. Apart from providing journalism, volunteers will have the chance to document various aspects of this magnificent country in picture form. Also, there is a strong focus on cultivating skills to open-minded photojournalists.
To achieve the latter aim the guidance of an experienced professional, who works for a respected local newspaper, is available to help. Photography volunteers work alongside a supervisor, (an experienced professional who works for a respected local newspaper), covering various events and locations.
RCDP’s excellent Nepal photojournalism programs volunteers understand how to use a camera and the basics of what makes for successful photojournalism work. You should also be able to take direction and think quickly, as this work is carried out in fast-moving environments.
An insight into Nepalese language and culture is always valuable, so we offer an optional one-week language study and cultural immersion program to meet this need.