- Explore our kilometer-long, unspoilt beach while looking for turtle nests.
- Learn about the local flora and fauna, conservation techniques, field-work methods, and the Nicaraguan culture.
- Enjoy our beautiful volunteer camp amidst the forest and spot all kinds of wildlife.
- Help us release thousands of hatchlings into the sea and save the next generation of sea turtles.
- Catch some waves right in front of our property or simply enjoy some sunbathing time.
Become a part of our small-scale conservation effort on a remote beach in Nicaragua, where sea turtle eggs have been harvested ever since. Local families rely on the income they generate by selling the eggs on the market. That's why we pay for most of the nests we protect in our hatchery.
Our ecologically built infrastructure is located within a virgin beachfront forest adjacent to the Pacific Ocean. We offer a dormitory-style cabin (accommodating a maximum of 4 people) with a shared toilet and shower, as well as a cozy community space with a well-equipped kitchen. Volunteers cook their own breakfast and lunch and enjoy a traditional dinner.
Volunteers do not only help us physically with all the workload, but also financially. The more people come and stay, the more we can protect together! Expect to help with daily chores (such as hatchery management, nest relocation, maintenance, gardening, recycling etc.) as well as with bigger one-time projects. You'll also have the chance to take part in workshops, courses, crafty activities and fun trips. Besides that, we'll give you enough free time to explore and enjoy the surroundings.
Our volunteer programs include accommodation, food (breakfast and lunch are prepared by the volunteers, dinner is provided by a local chef), drinks, initial training, 24/7 support and activities like mini-excursions, surf lessons and spanish lessons....