- Contribute in the way that is most meaningful to you by volunteering in a project of your choice.
- Ours is the world’s most affordable volunteer program available.
- Your fees directly benefit your host family – there are no middlemen.
- Partner with others just like yourself–people who know that a better world begins with changing a single life.
- Your safety is always our priority… every volunteer location has been thoroughly vetted.
Do you want to volunteer in a medical project in South Africa? Do you want to have a life-changing experience working closely with top medical professionals in a fascinating part of the world?
As a medical volunteer, you will get to work in rural health posts and community clinics located in the areas most at need, side by side with local doctors and medical professionals. This work is crucial in improving the general health and well-being of the country, and you will have an incredibly rewarding medical volunteering experience being directly involved in saving the lives of those that have nowhere else to turn.
Your responsibilities will depend on your education, experience and qualifications. While volunteers will not be allowed to perform major diagnostic or surgical work, you will have a vital role to play in assisting doctors and interacting with patients.
You need some sort of medical background, whether you’re a doctor, nurse, or medical student. You should also be a person with a deep love for other people and a commitment to improving their lives through better access to healthcare. Furthermore, you need to be patient and kind and have a respect for local traditions and cultures.