- A hands-on encounter with a group of Labrador-sized panda cubs
- Feed the cubs with milk and bamboo shoots
- Clean the panda cubs' bedroom
- Enjoy a special documentary movie about a panda's life cycle
We've got the best job offer for a panda lover like you — to be a panda cub nanny! Seize this rare chance to interact closely with panda cubs as you bottle-feed them, supply them with bamboo, and clean their enclosure with your own hands.
- Day 1 - Wolong Arrival
Enjoy a relaxing morning. It takes about 3 hours to drive the 120 kilometers (75 miles) between Chengdu and Wolong.
For a rest and to break up the long drive, you'll stop at the 2008 Earthquake Memorial Site.
- Day 2 - Panda Baby Keeper Program
After breakfast, sign up and get a uniform at the base. Your guide will introduce you to the professional panda keepers.
Morning Cleaning and Feeding (1½ Hours)
Go inside the panda babies' bedroom and help clean it.
Then meet the group of cubs! Feed these fluffy balls with milk and bamboo shoots, and watch as the professional nanny wipes their mouths and pats their backs.
Take a break and tour around the panda base — this is the most active time of day for the giant pandas.
Afternoon Keeper's Activities (3 Hours )
Have lunch in the canteen with the base staff and enjoy a special documentary movie about a panda's life cycle.
Enjoy the plum job of feeding the playful babies again. Later, you will make cakes for the pandas with your own hands. At the end of the program, you will receive a panda keeper certificate.
The program ends at about 4pm, when you will begin the drive back to Chengdu. You'll reach your hotel at about 7pm.
- 1-1 consultancy from an experienced travel expert
- Private air-conditioned business car with big windows and ample space
- English speaking local guide
- Activities, hotels, and meals listed in the itinerary
- 24/7 helpline for while you are traveling
All keeper programs in the area are flexible and can be customized.
This tour is very flexible. You can alter the itinerary, and extend or shorten it to suit your schedule.