- Discover the must-see volcanoes of El Salvador
- This tour is ideal for nature lovers and those interested in eco-tourism
- Catch views of Lake Coatepeque and the Izalco and Cerro Verde volcanoes, as well as the Pacific Ocean
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from the San Salvador metropolitan area
Discover the must-see volcanoes of El Salvador on this guided hiking tour. Head out to Los Volcanes Complex National Park, which is a little over an hour from San Salvador, and journey up the highest volcano in El Salvador, the Santa Ana Volcano or Ilamatepec, with a 7,822-foot (2,384-meter) summit. The 4-hour round trip hike is suitable for most fitness levels but some may find it challenging. At the crater, catch views of Lake Coatepeque and the Izalco and Cerro Verde volcanoes, as well as the Pacific Ocean on clear days.
- Day 1 - Santa Ana Volcano Hiking Tour and Coatepeque Lake visit
After leaving the hotel, we will head west to Salvadoran to a volcano complex, this is an approximate journey of 1.5 hours from San Salvador. On the way we will have impressive views of the volcanoes: Santa Ana, Cerro Verde and Izalco. We will begin our hike to the Santa Ana volcano, it has an approximate duration of 2 hours to reach the top and 2 hours to return, but in all the journey you will enjoy impressive landscapes. Despite being the tallest, it is uploaded by people of all ages. This volcano made its last eruption in 2005, so the upper part is without vegetation.
Upon reaching the top you can observe the beautiful turquoise lagoon that boils inside the crater, you will have a view of almost 365 ° of the Salvadoran territory.
Then we will visit Lake Coatepeque, this is considered the most beautiful lake in all of El Salvador. We will take our lunch here, and you can swim in the refreshing waters of this lake. After our visit to Lake Coatepeque, it is time to start our return to your hotel.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in San Salvador metropolitan area
- Transport by private vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified