- Explore one of the most incredible archaeological sites
- Admire views of the former capital from Mandalay hill
- Take a long tail boat to the floating gardens of InLe Lake
- Visit the magnificent Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon
This “9 DAY MYANMAR DISCOVERY” provides a great opportunity to observe the most important places of Myanmar within your own flexible schedule & budget by visiting the Golden Four of Myanmar that are Yangon, Bagan, Mandalay and InLe Lake.
Start and end in Rangoon! With the In-depth Cultural tour Myanmar Discovery - 9 Days, you have a 9 days tour package taking you through Rangoon, Myanmar (Burma) and 3 other destinations in Myanmar (Burma). Myanmar Discovery - 9 Days includes accommodation in a hotel as well as flights, an expert guide, meals, transport and more.
- Day 1 - Yangon Arrival
“Mingalabar” – “Welcome to Myanmar” at the airport by EMH's tour guide and transfer team. We then transfer you to the hotel. The remainder of the day is at leisure.
- Day 2 - Yangon – Bagan – Temples Tour
In the early morning, take a short flight to Bagan. Once at Bagan, your tour guide will take you around its wonderful scenery and architecture.
Bagan is a truly mesmerizing destination, and a favourite of many travellers. Renowned as the city of four million pagodas, this is one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia. Today there are more than 2,000 pagodas, temples and monasteries — most built during the Bagan Dynasty, founded by King Anawrahta in 1044.
Firstly, we’ll go to lively Nyaung U Market. This Nyaung U Market provides a great photo opportunity, and also the chance for tourists to mingle with the local Myanmar people, and watch how they conduct their daily lives.
Next, we will start sightseeing as below:
- Ananda Temple (the architectural masterpiece of a millennium)
- Hti-Lo-Min-Lo Temple (a double-storied building with artistic stucco works)
- Shwe-Zi-Gon Pagoda (considered a prototype of all future such temples)
If time allows, we will visit more places of this UNESCO world heritage site.
- Day 3 - Day at Leisure in Bagan
Today is your free day at leisure in Bagan.
Suggestions for your free time:
You can take half day trip to Mt. Popa, the core of an extinct volcano lasted active 25,000 years ago; also known as the ‘Mt Olympus’ of Myanmar, the abode of Myanmar’s most powerful Nats (Spiritual beings) and the most important Nat Worship Centre. On the way to Mount Popa, stop to see skilful toddy-palm climber collecting the wine on top of the tree, toddy palm juice & palm sugar (jaggery) making cottage.
For your afternoon free time, you can rent an e-bike and ride around the town to explore more of Bagan’s temples and to witness the true local life. For the sunset time, you can take a boat to enjoy sunset along the mighty Irrawaddy river.
- Day 4 - Bagan – Mandalay – Sightseeing Tour
After breakfast at hotel, you will take a private car to drive to Mandalay. Along the way, you can witness the true local life of Myanmar. The driving time will be about 4 hours. Upon arrival, check in the hotel for a short refreshment. We then set off to explore the Mandalay city.
The highlights of the tour are:
- Mandalay Royal Palace, the last royal palace of the last Burmese monarchy;
- KuThoDaw Pagoda, known as the world’s biggest book;
- ShweNanDaw Monastery (Golden Palace Monastery), famous for its wood carving;
- In the evening, drive to a “must visit in Mandalay” Mahamuni Buddha Temple, famous for its life like Buddha image.
- Day 5 - Day at Leisure in Mandalay
Today is your free day at leisure in Mandalay.
Suggestions for your free time:
You can take a day trip to the surrounding towns that are Mingun, Sagaing, Inwa (Ava) and Amarapura. If you prefer a visit to a hill town, you can set off to explore Maymyo, also known as Pyin Oo Lwin, which is about two hours from Mandalay and sitting at an altitude of 3510 feet.
- Day 6 - Mandalay – Inle Lake – Boat Tour
In the early morning, take the short flight to InLe Lake. Once at Heho meet your transfer team. From here, it is a scenic one-hour drive to the village of NyaungShwe, the gateway to the magnificent Inle Lake, to check in the hotel. We then set off to explore the InLe Lake.
This boat trip will take you to:
- Phaung-Daw-OO Pagoda, the most important symbol of religion of Shan State
- Nga-Phe-Chaung Monastery, attractive wooden monastery
- Floating Villages (InnPaw Khone, Pouk Par, Ywa Ma, Khar Taw)
A visit to these sights provides deep insight into how the people on the lake make their livings. You can also enjoy Unique One Leg rower fisherman, Lotus and silk weaving, boat making and cheroot making.
- Day 7 - Day at Leisure in Inle Lake
Today is your free day at leisure in InLe Lake.
Suggestions for your free time:
Inle Lake has everything you could want – long bike rides in the countryside, the perfect place to chill out or get active. Hire bicycles and ride through the villages and winery gardens. You will pass by buffalo in the water, farmers working in the fields, children playing and trucks full of young monks. It’s a beautiful place with lots to do. You can also take a day trip to Pindaya Caves and Kakku.
- Day 8 - Inle Lake – Yangon – Sightseeing Tour
After breakfast at the hotel, transfer to the airport to take flight to Yangon (1 hour and 20 minutes). On arrival, we'll drive to the hotel to check in.
After taking a short relaxing time at the hotel,
- start sightseeing by walking around the city centre to enjoy the city being busy with the sellers on the street and also the pedestrians and Colonial Style buildings.
The whole day is the brief tour to famous Landmarks,
- KaRaWeik Hall & Royal Lake for Photo stop.
- Explore BoGyoke Market (aka) Scott Market, which is the best place for shopping in the country.
- Enjoy sunset at ShweDaGon Pagoda, one of the spectacular monuments of Myanmar.
- Day 9 - Fly Back Home
Breakfast and free time until time to go to the airport for departure flight. Then, transfer you to the Yangon International Airport three hours prior according to your flight departure time.
- Accommodation- 8 nights in twin-share rooms at 3-star hotels.
- Intra-flight from Yangon to Bagan included. Intra-flight from Mandalay to InLe Lake included. Intra-flight from InLe Lake to Yangon included.
- English-speaking driver and guides throughout tour.
- 8 Breakfasts. This tour offers Vegetarian, Vegan and Halal food options on request. Simply let our Customer Support team know the food option that you prefer.
- Arrival and departure airport transfers. Private car transfer from Bagan to Mandalay. Private boat to sightsee the InLe Lake.
- Insurance is not included.
- Optional experiences are available on this tour for an additional cost and will be provided to you with your finalised travel documents.
- Entrance fees - AUD$65 approx. Other meals, snacks and drinks. Pre and post-tour accommodation.