- Get immersed in the magnificence of one of the rare treasures; The Langtang National Park, which abodes abundant rare Himalayan flora and animals
- Encounter the local Tamang and Sherpa people as you learn about their rich local culture, dialect, and heritage
- Explore Kyanjin Gompa, nestled against a stunning background of Himalayan peaks and surrounded by old chortens and freestanding prayer flags that sway in the breeze
- From the renowned vantage point, Chorkari Ri, see a 360-degree vista of icy glaciers, Himalayan summits, and Tibetan summits (5050m)
Visit: The historical, cultural, and natural shrines of Langtang region, including Kyangin Gompa, several chortens, mane walls, fluttering prayer flags, Langtang valley (the valley of the glacier), Kyangin Ri, and local cheese factory.
Pass: Amazing wide valleys, magnificent waterfalls, green forests, yak pastures, river gorges, several suspension bridges, and small ethnic villages.
Side trips: Kyangin Ri, Tsergo Ri, Langtang Glacier, local cheese factory
Explore: Local Tamang culture and lifestyles, a valley of glaciers, diverse flora and fauna including red panda, snow leopard, musk deer, bear, langur, etc., inside the Langtang National Park.
Get: Excellent Himalayan views of Langtang Lirung (7,345m), Gang Chhenpo (6,388m), Naya Kanga (5,846m), Dorje Lakpa (6,966m), Kimsung (6,781m), and Yansa Tsenji (6,575m) and their surrounding peaks
This is a trip for those who enjoy a moderate hike. The courses ascend gradually and help the trekkers adjust to the altitude quickly. Furthermore, our expert guides and leaders will always be there to accompany you and ensure you feel supported as you hike. The ten-day expedition will take you to the highest point of our trek in Chorkari Ri at 5050 meters. Chorkari Ri is an excellent point to see the Lantang range and its endearing mountains real close.
Despite the Langtang Valley being a moderate hike, we suggest you dedicate some time to personal fitness and exercise. You will easily find yourself walking for about 4-5 hours daily and on high elevations. So to ensure you have the best experience on this trek, we think getting pre-trained for at least a month before your actual trek is best.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Kathmandu (1300m/4265ft)
All planning and preparations finally is going to happen and you must be excited to join our Langtang Valley Trekking adventure as you approach Tribhuwan International airport today. After your arrival at the airport, complete your visa and custom formalities and you will be met by our one of the office representative at arrival terminals outside airport holding a display card with your name printed on it. Enjoy a comfortable transfer to your respective hotel and you will be assisted in checking in too by our staff. Later enjoy free time until the end of the day
- Day 2 - Drive to Syabrubensi (1462m/4796ft): 6-7 hours drive
Trek to Langtang valley begins after we take a private jeep drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi. This drive consists of many offroad segments; however, mountainous views, greenery, and frequent stops for interactions/food at local sites will help not get bored. We drive through the bank of Trisuli river, terraced farmlands, and get views of Ganesh Himal. The city surrounding gradually changes into village and remote areas and as we cross Dhunche. Upon reaching Syabrubesi, we check in to our guesthouse and can stroll around Syabrubensi town. We stay overnight at a local guesthouse in Syabrubesi. Included Meal: B, L, D
- Day 3 - Trek to Lama Hotel (2500m/8202ft): 5 hours trek
The trek begins today after breakfast. We walk crossing Bhote Koshi river and Langtang Khola. We have gradual ascend to a place known as Bamboo. We walk carefully while we walk across the landslide-prone area. Most of the lunch sites are next to the riverside; here we shall have our lunch at Ramche and further push ourselves to Lama Hotel. This Langtang valley trek gives us a wonderful opportunity to spot rare flora, fauna and most probably we could see red pandas, langur monkeys. Overnight in a teahouse.Included Meal: B, L, D
- Day 4 - Trek to Mundu (3430m/11253ft): 5-6 hours
The route then follows the most affected site by 2015 earthquake. The whole Langtang village was destroyed by the disaster. Now, however, Langtang Village is reconstructed and we can see tea houses in operation. We shall stay at Langtang village to take an extra step to walk a little further towards Mundu village and stop there for today. From mani stone walls to excellent views of Langtang Lirung, Changbu, and Kinshung peak is visible. Therefore because of the more spectacular views than from Langtang village, we prefer to stay here tonight at teahouse. Included Meal: B, L, D
- Day 5 - Trek to Kyangjin Gompa (3798m/12460ft): 4-5 hours
Leaving behind Mundu, we push ourselves towards Kyangjin Gompa. Walk from Mundu to Kyangjin Gompa is just 2 hours of gradual ascend via beautiful grazing lands, crossing small river streams over wooden bridge. There used to be a cheese factory here which is now not in operation and famous monastery over here is also under reconstruction. Upon reaching Kyangjin Gompa, you might go further to Kyanjin Ri hike today. It depends upon your interest and stamina. I.e., you can do Mundu to Kyangjin Ri (4300m/14107ft) and return to Kyangjin gompa today. Or else simply arrive at Kyangjin Gompa today and plan for Kyangjin Ri or Cherko Ri hike for the next day. We stay at a guesthouse in Kyangin Gompa today. Included Meal: B, L, D
- Day 6 - Hike Kyangjin Ri (4300m/14107 ft) or Cherko Ri (4984m /16351ft): 5-7 hours
Kyangjin Gompa can be compared to Gorakshep during Everest base camp trek. As we extend to either Kalapatthar or EBC and return to Gorakshep for night halt. We hike up to Kyangin ri or Cherku ri and return to Kyangin gompa for overnight stay during Langtang valley trek. Gorakshep is more remote and at a higher altitude, however.
Among a couple of side trip options, we have Cherko Ri hike, Kyangjin Ri Hike, or Langtang Glacier hike. Most people prefer to hike to Kyangjin Ri. Some people do both Kyangjin Ri and Cherko Ri. Both from the top offers amazing Himalayan sceneries. Cherko Ri hike takes longer time (6-7 hours), hence we will take packed lunch. We enjoy spectacular views of Langtang Himalayan range (Langtang Lirung, Yala Peak, Langtang II), snowy surroundings with tumbling glaciers, and return down to Kyangin gompa for an overnight stay. Included Meal: B, L, D
- Day 7 - Trek back to Lama Hotel (2500m/8202ft): 5-6 hrs
We soak in the beauty of Himalaya and prepare to trek back. Trekking back is via the same route. Regardless of being the same trail, change in direction gives us a different perspective on landscape views, cultural settings, and more. Crossing the Ghodatablea, walking through the riverside of Langtang Khola, finally we arrive at tea house in Lama hotel for an overnight stay. Included Meal: B, L, D
- Day 8 - Trek to Syabru Bensi (1462m/4796ft): 5-6 hours trek
From Lama Hotel we pass through the culturally rich Sherpa village of Sherpagaun, views become greener on the side with wide valleys, more local settlements, and more options to explore an ethnic group of Tamang people too. Across our Langtang trekking trail, at the western side, we have a route that takes us to Tamang heritage trail to Gatlang; while at the eastern side crossing the Laurebina pass takes us to the pilgrimage site of Gosaikunda
- Day 9 - Final Departure Drive to Tribhuwan international airport (TIA) for your home departure
You shall be ready with all your packing done for international departure. We will surely assist you in transferring from your hotel to Tribhuwan International Airport approximately 3 hours prior scheduled international flight. And finally, we hope that we have been successful in organizing a wonderful Langtang valley trek for you. See you again in near future. Farewell, friend.
- Picking up, and dropping off at the airport by private vehicle
- Public bus fare from Kathmandu to Syabrubensi, and Syabrubensi to Kathmandu.
- Accommodation with breakfast at a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu for 2 nights.
- Accommodation at the best available lodge during the trek
- Full board meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- 1 highly experienced, helpful & friendly guide, porter (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance
- TIMS fee- Trekkers Information Management System (Please bring your 3 passport photos)
- All government taxes & office service charge
- First aid medical kit
- International airfares
- All kinds of cold drinks during the trek.
- Tips for trekking staff and driver.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from mountain than the programmed itinerary