- Explore the most iconic Phoksundo Lake and the holiest land of Bonpo.
- The witness of the crystal clear Jarana waterfall.
- Explore the 800-year-old monastery of Tshowa Gompa.
- Take part in the culture of Tibet in the Ringmo village.
Are you looking for an exciting and unique trekking experience? If so, Shey Phoksundo Lake Trek is a perfect adventure! This stunning lake in Nepal's Dolpa district offers some of Asia's most breathtaking views. The journey to get there is as rewarding as it gets – from snow-capped mountains to lush green forests, your eyes will be treated to a feast of natural beauty. We hike through rural villages and terraced fields while crossing suspension bridges over raging rivers before arriving at Ringmo village, which lies on the shoreline of Shey Phoksundo Lake. This large alpine lake is one of Nepal's deepest lakes, highest at 3,611 meters above sea level! It has crystal clear water surrounded by majestic Himalayan peaks with Buddhist prayer flags fluttering along its banks; indeed an unforgettable sight!
So join us on this fantastic journey into nature - explore unspoiled valleys, rich wildlife, and plants while learning about the local culture firsthand; book now for an unforgettable experience!
Shey Phoksundo Lake Trek is a breathtaking journey through Nepal's remote and rugged landscapes. This trek takes you through the stunning Dolpo region, where you'll encounter ancient monasteries, traditional villages, and breathtaking mountain vistas. The tour's highlight is the crystal-clear waters of Shey Phoksundo Lake, surrounded by snow-capped peaks and pristine forests. This trek is perfect for those seeking a challenging and rewarding adventure in one of the world's most beautiful regions.
- Experienced guides and porters
- Fully customizable itinerary
- All-inclusive package with meals, accommodation, and transportation
- Trekking permits and fees included
- Small group sizes for a personalized experience
- Experience the natural beauty and cultural richness of Nepal
- Challenge yourself physically and mentally
- Connect with local communities and learn about their way of life
- Create lifelong memories and friendships
- Support sustainable tourism and local economies.
- Day 1 - Arrival in Kathmandu
When you fly into Kathmandu, you’ll be welcomed by the view of snow-capped mountain peaks. You’ll be driven to your hotel. If you still have time, visit Thamel, Nepal’s tourist city, or shop for rare trinkets and sightseeing around Boudhanath Stupa and Basantapur Durbar Square in the afternoon.
- Day 2 - Sightseeing & Trek preparation!
Today, after breakfast, our cultural guide will take you around UNESCO WORLD HERITAGE SITES, where you will learn more about Nepal's history and culture.
Overnight at Kathmandu
- Day 3 - Kathmandu to Nepalgunj by flight
This morning we take a flight to Nepalgunj, which takes about 55 minutes to reach. Nepalgunj is one of the major cities of Nepal in the far-western part of Nepal. This city lies in the Tarai region, which means it is hot and humid.
Overnight at Nepalgunj.
- Day 4 - Nepalgunj to Juphal by flight then trek to Dunai
The day begins with flying to Dolpa Airport in Nepal. The scenic flight takes about 35 minutes to reach from where we start off our trek. Next, our walk descends to the Bheri River passing through local farmlands and villages along the trail. The rest of our hike goes along the Bheri River, which takes us to Dunai, where we spend our first night in the mountain.
Dunai is the district headquarters of Dolpa district, where you can find electricity, telephone service, basic medical facilities, school, and police stations.
Overnight at Dunai.
- Day 5 - Dunai to Chhepka
We cross the suspension bridge at Suligad, which takes us to the north side of the river. The easy walk along the river takes us to Suligad(2070m), where we come across the entrance gate of Shey Phoksundo national park and check in our permits. Then the trek climbs gradually to Kageni(2272m) along the river, and in the meantime, we pass through several tea shops as well. Finally, the trek continues slowly to Chhekpa for our second night of the tour.
Overnight at Chhekpa.
- Day 6 - Chhepka to Amchi Hospital
The trail continues through forest and meadow along the Phoksoo River, crossing the river many times. You'll pass through dense forests and fields as you continue to walk. We crossed the river several times as well. You will stop for lunch in the afternoon at Chunuwar and spend the night there.
- Day 7 - Amchi Hospital to Phoksundo Lake
Today's short day, our trek, starts with a hike through the forests again along the Phoksundo River. Eventually, the trail climbs uphill, and we come across the viewpoint from where we can observe Phoksundo waterfall, about 167 meters tall. It is also considered one of the longest waterfalls in Nepal. Then after a short climb, the trail descends to Ringmo village, situated by the Phoksundo Lake, where we spend our night.
- Day 8 - Explore Sacred Phoksundo Lake and Tshowa Gompa
The area around the splendid Phoksundo Lake is one of the most stunning places in the country. It is truly breathtaking. We will take you to the village of Ringmo, a charming place near the lake. On a slope above the lake, you will also visit Tshowa Gompa, a 900-year-old monastery in Bon. It is one of the most famous monasteries. It is considered sacred by Buddhists and adherents of the Bon religion, who believe the lake comprises an underwater palace and a tantric spirit mandala. The lake is famous for its iconic turquoise color and spectacular scenery. In addition, there are many beautiful glaciers located near and above the lake area.
- Day 9 - Trek back to Chhepka
After visiting our landmark of the trip, we retraced back to the same way we came. For that, we have a gradual incline to the viewpoint from where we can see the last view of the lake, then descends along the Phoksundo River and then the Bheri River to Chhepka, where we spend our night.
- Day 10 - Chhepka to Juphal
Today is our last night of the trek in the mountain, for which we retrace back the same way again, which descends mostly to Juphal, where we take our lunch. Then, that trek goes gradually along the Bheri River and uphill climb to Juphal airport. Overnight at Juphal.
- Day 11 - Juphal - Nepalgunj - Kathmandu
Today we catch the morning flight from Juphal to Nepalgunj airport, and from there, we take another flight to Kathmandu. Evening we take you to a place where you can enjoy Nepalese food and typical Nepalese dances. After dinner, you stay in the hotel and enjoy the rest of your night.
- Day 12 - Final departure
On the final day of the trek, our representative will take you to Kathmandu airport for your final departure.
- The airport picks up and drops off by the private vehicle.
- Hotel in Kathmandu, and Nepalgunj
- Domestic airfare (roundtrip)
- Lower Dolpo Permit & Shey Phoksundo National Park fee
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cup of tea or coffee during the trip
- Professional guide & Porters
- All applicable Taxes
- International airfare
- Entrance fees while visiting UNESCO world heritage sites during sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Hard drinks, cold drinks, bottled water, and personal expenses.
- Travel insurance
- Gratitude for guide and porters
- All those things that are not mentioned above in included section
Such as an umbrella or raincoat.
Power Banks for charging gadgets.