- Big Game safari drive in Akagera national park
- Boat ride on lake Ihema
Embark on an extraordinary adventure with Lifetime Africa's 6-Day Akagera wildlife Safari with Gorilla trekking in Bwindi . This captivating itinerary immerses you in the breathtaking landscapes of Rwanda and offers a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to encounter the magnificent mountain gorillas in their natural habitat. From the moment you arrive in Kigali, the vibrant capital city, you'll be greeted by friendly guides who will accompany you throughout this remarkable journey.
This 6 Day Akagera wildlife Safari with Gorilla trekking in Bwindi entails a visit to Akagera National Park located in Eastern Rwanda on the border with Tanzania will give you a great experience to explore this only savanna national park where safari game drives can only be carried in Rwanda. Crown up your Safari with a meetup and sharing 1 hour with the incredible mountain gorillas in their natural setting in Bwindi Impenetrable national park known for gorilla trekking and relaxed vacations in the Pearl of Africa.
- Day 1 - Arrival at Kigali International Airport
Upon arrival at Kigali International Airport, you will be welcomed by our Meet & Greet Lounge Host who will help you through a fast-track assistance with VISA and luggage collection. After immigration and bag collection, you will then be handed over to our driver guide who will transfer you to your hotel for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 2 - Transfer to Akagera National Park - Boat ride - Night game drive
Following breakfast, you will depart at 09h00 for Akagera national park, the journey to Akagera national park takes about 3 hours depending on the stopovers along the way, with the beautiful unwinding landscape en-route to the park. Upon arrival, you will check in to your lodge and enjoy a hot lunch. After lunch, you will take a 2hours sun-set boat trip on Lake Ihema offering you amazing views of the Hippos and crocodiles in the water or by the shores as you meet the buffaloes and elephants wallowing by the water banks. Later in the evening, at 17h30, Park guides and vehicles will pick you up for a Night Game drive adventure lasting 3 hours in the Northern part of Akagera National Park. You’ll be dropped back at the lodge for dinner and overnight.
- Day 3 - Fully Day Game drive - Return to Kigali
Today at 06h30, you will drive to the park gate for an all-day wildlife safari in the park. Your driver guide will pick a spot to have a picnic lunch. Following lunch, you will take a 3-hour scenic drive to Kigali. Upon arrival at Kigali, you will check in at your hotel followed by dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 4 - Visit to Kigali Genocide Memorial Museum - Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable national park
Following a relaxed breakfast at 08h00, you will drive for 20Minutes to Kigali Genocide Memorial to commemorate the 1994 Tutsi Genocide where the remains of over 250,000 people are interred. At 10h00, your driver guide will take you through a +4-hour scenic drive to the Bwindi impenetrable national park as you enjoy the beautiful views of the green vegetation. Upon arrival, you will check in at your lodge and have a late hot lunch followed by an afternoon at leisure utilizing the hotel amenities.
- Day 5 - Gorilla trekking In Bwindi
Your day begins with breakfast at 06h30 then head to Kinigi park reception for briefing at 07h00. Thereafter, you will be guided through jungle to search for the shy mountain gorillas. The trek takes about 5hrs including 1 hour with the gorillas. You will get full briefing of their family formations, background, and observe their life style in their own habitat and family setting. After this mind-blowing activity, you will return to the lodge for lunch followed by a relaxed evening whilst utilizing the complementary offers at the hotel.
- Day 6 - Transfer to Kigali - Departure
After a relaxed breakfast, you will take a +4-hour scenic drive to Kigali. Upon arrival in Kigali, you will have lunch at hotel des milles collines. After lunch, you will have the opportunity to pick out some of Rwanda’s unique art pieces and blends including baskets, coffee, chillies and many others at selection of key Souvenir shops including Kimironko market before transferring you to the airport for your homebound flights.
- All Permits and Entrance fees included in the itinerary, All ground transportation in an SUV vehicle, Game drives and boat ride, All other activities as indicated in the itinerary, All Accommodation as indicated in the itinerary, English-speaking Experienced Safari guide, Meals as indicated in the itinerary, Refreshments and snacks in the vehicle.
- All Covid 19 tests, All Tips to Hotels/Lodges/Camps staff and Safari Guide, Alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks that are not accompanying meals., International flight/s and departure taxes and other taxes, Visa fees. Visas are available online or at arrival at all Entry points, Laundry, Shopping, Travel Insurance.