- Train journey Colombo to Jaffna
- Boat trip to the Nagadeepa Island
- Ancient city of Polonnaruwa
- Climb the Sigiriya Rock
- Enjoy the wild Elephants in Minneriya
Discover the Northern part of Sri Lanka, Visit Jaffna the hub of the Hindu Culture in Sri Lanka and visit the biggest natural harbor in the world in Trincomalee.
Discover Jaffna, bring a visit to the largest natural harbor in Trincomalee. Explore the ancient city of Polonnaruwa, enjoy a wildlife safari in the Minneriya National Park.
Climb the famous Sigiriya Rock and enjoy the cultural dance show in Kandy.
- Day 1 - Train journey Colombo to Jaffna
Start at the Colombo Fort railway station.
At 11:50 AM the train departs to Jaffna, the train journey will take approx. 6 hour and 25 minutes.
The route is really quite stunning, and gives you a good feel of the North. The agriculture, the people, the destruction and the rebuilding.
You'll see stunning paddy fields adorned with buffalo, cattle egrets and peacocks, along with rural vistas.
The train will arrive at 06:15 PM in Jaffna
- Day 2 - Explore Jaffna City
We will visit Kantharodai it consists of about 20 relatively small stupas and they are the burial site of 60 Tamil monks.
After this visit we proceed and we will take the boat to the Nagadeepa Island where we bring a visit to the Naga Deepa Temple.
This temple is one of the three places in Sri Lanka where lord Buddha has visited.
After we visit the Naga Deepa Temple we proceed and visit the Nallur Hindu Temple.
The temple was originally founded in 948 AD. However, it reached fame when it was rebuilt in the 13th century by Puvaneka Vaahu, a minister of the Jaffna King Kalinga Maha.
After we visit the Temple we proceed and visit the Jaffna Fort.
The Jaffna Fort owes much of its grandeur to the Dutch who captured it from the Portuguese, and later expanded it into the landmark we see today.
Overnight stay Jaffna
- Day 3 - Visiting Trincomalee
Today we sightseeing Trincomalee.
Trincomalee is located on a peninsula and this location makes it one of the largest natural harbors in the world.
This has had an important role in the history of the city. The port was of strategic importance to European countries.
In Trincomalee we will sightseeing the city and we will visit the Kanniya hot springs.
Seven hot springs of varying temperatures are found at the site and are considered to contain healing properties.
After this visit we proceed and visit the Koneswaram Temple and the old Dutch Fort.
Surrounded by jaw-dropping scenery on all sides, the colorful Koneswaram temple sits high above the bay.
Overnight stay in Trincomalee
- Day 4 - Discover Polonnaruwa and enjoy the wild Elephants in the Minneriya National Park
Today we sightseeing the ancient city of Polonnaruwa.
We will visit the ruins and temples. The Buddha statues, unique stupas and many special temples which are still in good condition.
We will visit Vatadage, Gal Vihara, Audience Hall en Rankot Vihara.
After sightseeing the ancient city of Polonnaruwa we proceed to the Minneriya National Park.
At the Minneriya National Park we will start the Wildlife safari (mainly wild Elephants)
Overnight stay in Sigiriya
- Day 5 - Climb the Sigiriya Rock and visit the Dambulla Caves
Today we will climb the famous Sigiriya Rock.
After we are back from the top you can decide to take a ride on a Elephant.
After this visit we proceed to Dambulla.
In Dambulla we will sightseeing the city and we will visit one of the biggest vegetables market in Sri Lanka.
After sightseeing we proceed and visit the Dambulla Caves and the golden Buddha statue.
Overnight stay in Sigiriya
- Day 6 - Visit spice city Matale and enjoy the cultural dance show in Kandy
We proceed to spice city Matale.
In Matale we will visit the Hindu Temple.
After our visit at Matale we proceed to Kandy.
In Kandy we sightseeing the city, we will visit a batik and silk factory, wood carving factory, Kandy lake and Kandy view point.
After sightseeing we will visit the Temple of the Tooth and the Kandy dance performance.
- Day 7 - Visit tea factory and the Elephant nursery in Pinnawala
Explore the Peradeniya Royal Botanical Garden.
After our visit to the Royal Botanical Garden we proceed and visit the Giragama tea factory.
After enjoying a cup off tea we proceed to Pinnawala.
In Pinnawala we will visit the Elephant Orphanage. We will see how all the Elephants proceed to the river where they take a bath.
After we visit the Elephant orphanage we proceed back to the Airport or Hotel.
End of tour
- Experienced and qualified driver / guide
- transportation by a air-conditioned vehicle from pick-up to drop-off at your hotel / airport
- Local guide at the Sigiriya Rock, Dambulla Caves. Polonnaruwa, Temple of the Tooth.
- All the entrance tickets at the mentioned sites, Wild Life Safari Minneriya National Park + Rent of a Jeep
- 3-star Hotels on bed and breakfast basis
- Lunch and dinner throughout the tour
- Elephant riding Sigiriya or at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage
- Expenses of personal nature, including telephone calls, laundry, beverages etc.